[mythtv-users] Can myth switch between Video cards?

Derek Jennings derek at disposable.dnsalias.org
Tue Nov 16 18:44:25 UTC 2004

First post to this list- Myth is just fabulous. I now have two Myth boxes, a
front/backend server, and a front end client on a discless Via Mini-ITX
(running MiniMyth). It works great.

My server has two video cards, Both DVB-T, but one of them (An AverMedia)
requires a much better signal than the other (A Hauppagauge Nova-T) and
channels on some multiplexes are unwatchable. I have got around the issue by
defining two different video sources so the Avermedia card is restricted to
only those channels it can play successfully.

But now I find when I watch TV, if my client selects the restricted DVB card
it will not switch to the other card when I select a channel not supported on
the current card.

Am I missing something? Does Myth have the capability to switch between cards?
What happens if you have for example a satellite card and a terrestrial card
with completely different channel lists?

BTW: I am running CVS from about a week ago.

TIA

derek