[mythtv-users] Congress to Make Commercial Skipping Illegal

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 16:01:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:20:50 -0500, Jonathan Link
<jonathan.link at gmail.com> wrote:
> IANAL, either, but this is clearly outlined by the Wired article.
> The section you site pertains to Motion Pictures, not television, and
> is meant to allow people to skip graphic/obscene parts of a Motion
> Picture.

Exactly - the section exempts skipping parts of a motion picture.

It explicitly does not exempt skipping commercials. Therefore, if this
passes, it will be OK to skip parts of a movie, but not OK to skip
commercials.

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003