[mythtv-users] Re: Distro of Choice

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Nov 12 21:12:40 UTC 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 09:03, Mark Gardner wrote:
> THanks for the great advice.  THat was exacly what i'm looking for.
> I'll start out with Fedora,  because of the Documentation and User
> base. Then, when i understand more the ins and outs with myth TV i'll
> Setup a Gentoo box to run lean and mean.
>
> BTW Knopmyth is what sold me on MythTv over freevo and even Tivo.
> (and the fact i don't have a phone line for tivo to work)

So is there a reason you don't want to simply install KnoppMyth on your hard
drive? That ought to be faster/easier to set up than anything else,
especially if you've used it already, and you listed Debian amongh the
distributions you're already familiar with. Plus, you didn't mention Red Hat
or Fedora Core in the list of distros you were already familiar with, and I
generally recommend people use what they're most comfortable with. Not that I
think Fedora Core is a bad choice, mind you. Just throwing it out there.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...