[mythtv-users] HELP with MythTV 'setup' missing QMYSQL3 ???

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Nov 12 19:05:16 UTC 2004

Help.
In in the process of setting up MythTV, working my way thru the
'Installing and Using MythTV' and Jarod's document, more or less
in parallel.

I have got to the point where I am supposed to setup MythTV, viz

    cd ~mythtv/mythtv-0.16/setup
    ./setup

and I get the error message

    [mythtv at MythTV setup]$ ./setup
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
    Unable to connect to database!
    No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
    Unable to open database:
    Driver error was:
    Driver not loaded
    Database error was:
    Driver not loaded

OK so something isnt loaded.  But what it is?
A kernel Module?

In any case, what did I miss?

Thanks in advance.

--