[mythtv-users] Day one with HD3000 - bust

Michael S. Keller samsara at tulsaconnect.com
Thu Nov 11 02:47:46 UTC 2004

(I've sent an e-mail off to pcHDTV about this.)

I received my HD3000 cards today. I broke the seal on one and put it
into my Mythbox. BIOS didn't detect it, lspci didn't show it. I tried
putting it in a different PCI slot. Same result.

I tried compiling and installing the driver anyway, but got nowhere with
the command-line tests included in the documentation. So I attempted to
tell MythTV about it. No matter what I do, all actions actually run
against my existing PVR-250 card.

Running Debian, kernel 2.6.7, compiled the
FedoraCore2-Kernel-2.6-systems driver set. It compiled without fatal errors.

I hesitate to open the other box until I know more.