[mythtv-users] Clarification on solution from Jarod and Axel

Marty Boeckman Marty.Boeckman at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 02:26:20 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 06 November 2004 07:29, Marty Boeckman wrote:
>
>>I'm having the exact same problem as described in this thread:
>>
>>http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-October/055926.html
>>
>>Jarod suggested this fix:
>>
>>http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-October/055933.html
>>
>>Which he then realized was wrong, and suggested reading what Axel wrote
>>here:
>>
>>http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-October/055929.html
>>
>>Is performing:
>>rpm -e --nodeps kernel-module-video4linux-`uname -r`
>>apt-get -f install
>>
>>going to solve the problem??
>

> Hopefully! :-)

It didn't work. Still no sound. I get sound when playing the wav file, but
nothing from mplayer. All apt-gets were done using stable. I followed the guide
up to the point where I did the mpg capture. Once that failed with no sound, I
then did the 2 commands above and rebooted. I then tried again, still no sound?
Any ideas??

I had myth running for about 6 months with FC1. I didn't have any trouble
setting it up. But FC2 is proving to be a challenge.

Marty