[mythtv-users] Clarification on solution from Jarod and Axel

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 8 07:50:50 UTC 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 07:29, Marty Boeckman wrote:
> I'm having the exact same problem as described in this thread:
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-October/055926.html
>
> Jarod suggested this fix:
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-October/055933.html
>
> Which he then realized was wrong, and suggested reading what Axel wrote
> here:
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-October/055929.html
>
> Is performing:
> rpm -e --nodeps kernel-module-video4linux-`uname -r`
> apt-get -f install
>
> going to solve the problem??

Hopefully! :-)

I'd make sure you've got the appropriate sources.list setup (i.e., no
at-testing or at-bleeding enabled) and run an apt-get update before doing it.

> I hestitate to pull the trigger on it because
> I don't want to good things up.

I presume you mean 'goof', not 'good'. Fire when ready, all that command
sequences does is yank whatever v4l kernel module you have and grab what apt
thinks is the current best solution, according to the package metadata you
just gathered with that apt-get update.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com