[mythtv-users] Red bt8x8 capture?

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Tue Nov 9 18:25:39 UTC 2004

Every few captures I do (1 in 5) doesn't work - the picture is EXTREMELY
dark with only red making up the picture.  If this happens when
switching to live TV, I just exit and re-enter, it seems to wake up.  If
this is on timer, though, it can be a problem.  I've missed a few shows
because of it.  Has anyone else come across that, and found a
solution/cause?

I have noticed my RAM is barely eking by.  I have 256 MB and I get lots
of vm messages telling me certain processes have been killed.  I've been
trying to nuvexport on that box too, and because it takes many hours to
export, I'm definitely going to be exporting and recording at the same
time.  Could that have something to do with it?

Thanks.