[mythtv-users] sound cutting out?

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 20:03:03 UTC 2004

I didn't notice if you listed what type of captrue card you're using?
pvr2/350 or bbtv?  As your reading from /dev/dsp I'd guess that means
your using a software encoder with a cable to the soundcard?

You might try enabling the 'use video as a timebase' option.

What happens if you use mplayer to play back the recorded nuv?

Also, about the problem you mentioned with devfs creating devices,
since your on gentoo anyways, I'd recommend you use a 2.6 kernel and
udev.  Udev is much easier to get to create custom device nodes, and
there are some very good howtos on the gentoo forums.  And who know,
with the new kernel (with included alsa drivers,) the problem may just
solve itself.  ck-sources might be a good first-time 2.6 kernel.

-Nate

PS... should be possiable but a better solution would be to switch to
mozilla thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/;
outlook express like) or evolution
(http://www.novell.com/products/evolution/; outlook like, and can
connect to m$ exchange) or I even have some gmail invites left if you
want one, which might be handy if this is from work or something.