[mythtv-users] Dvb-s / Astra / German Channels

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Sat Nov 6 11:02:46 UTC 2004

Hi Peter,

> Many tanks for your mail!
> I do this steps at the moment, the channels was inserted to the
> relevant tables but the table mythconverg.dvb_sat is clean, there is
> no record in it.
>
> /var/log/mythtv/mythtv/mythbackend.log says:
>
> 2004-11-06 11:59:02 DVB#0 ERROR - Channel 1 is configured with
> satid=0, but this satellite does not exist, check your setup.
> 2004-11-06 11:59:02 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for
> channel 1.
>
> I dont know what to fill in table dvb_sat with mysql or where/what to
> fill in over mythtv-setup.

You fill that from setup. In card setup for your dvb card, go to
advanced setup and there you'll see the "set up sattelite" option.
You'll probaly want to choose "single lnc" as type, select the single
entry in the list area and press m to enter details. call the satelite
"astra", anything else can stay just like it was.

Bye, Martin

PS: Just playing round with tv_grab_dvb - looks _very_ promising, just
imported > 8000 program entrys for ard/zdf etc. rigth off the sat
signal. a) quite fast, b) no problems with internet connectivity or
availability of provider and c) seems to cover all channels I'm
interested in :-)