[mythtv-users] Problem with TV_grab_au 0.6

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Nov 6 06:53:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:38:07PM +1000, Dave wrote:
> OK, like I said, hww seem to provide the definitive guide data for OZ.

eBroadcast's web site seems to suggest they produce their own and
license it to others just as HWW does. They have a page about
syndication services:

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/content_syndication.html

It would be interesting to contact them and see if they would provide
the data to end users in a useful format for a reasonable fee.

eBroadcast were the 'provider' of data in tv_grab_au 0.1.

> If you poke around ninemsn, seven etc for even a little while you will
> notice that they use the same cgi vars for regions, stations, show-ids
> etc. They're appear to be a pretty thin wrapper around hww's service. As
> such they should be quite reliable and consistent. Perhaps we should
> start writing a grabber that uses one (or more) of these sites?? Now
> might be the time to start.

HWW's syndication page http://www.hww.com.au/syndication/tv/ has a bit
of a 'shopping list' for sites to grab from!

Hamish