[mythtv-users] Please help with channel problems

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Nov 6 04:28:33 UTC 2004

My sound problem no longer exists...I just got home from
work and was able to watch a recording.  No idea what
the problem might have been.  Now I have a different
problem.

I had some shows scheduled for today, but when I went to
watch them, they were all static.  Trying to watch live TV,
I get the same problem.  I'm on .16 using Jarod's guide,
Axel's rpms, and running mythfilldatabase every night
randomly after 2am.  Some channels come in, their
picture is really bad now.  They were fine yesterday.

I ran mythfilldatabase manually just now to see if I could
get the channel information corrected, but still no luck.
I am in the US, using Zap2It, and for the last 6-8 months
I've had no problems.  Ever since going to the apt-get/rpm
route, I've had nothing but trouble.

I figure it's just a coincidence, but the channels are almost all
either fuzzy, no picture, or total noise.  Any help?

Thanks,
Paul