[mythtv-users] Re: WinMyth Help!

Justin Tan jhtan.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 01:18:42 UTC 2004

Thanks for the tips, I think my setup is ok here's what it looks like:

1. Mythsetup backend IP is not 127.0.0.1, it is the machine's IP
2. my.cnf file for Mysql is has skip-networking commented out
3. When I input the backend IP to test, the dsfilters mysql connection
test still fails
   is there another way I can check to see if I can make connections to mysql?
4. I get 1 sec of live TV before it crashes on winmyth, but no
database information ever, I think that's the mysql problem.

Any tips about the mysql connection (which I think is my main
problem), would be great!