[mythtv-users] Need help with MythDVD

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:43:10 UTC 2004

For me when I insert the DVD it takes me to the 'optical disks' menu,
at which point I have to manually click play dvd.  So it half works
(this may well be intended behaviour as I doubt it is currently bright
enough to tell exactly what media has been inserted...but I could
easily be wrong)
- Ciaran

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:22:50 +0100, Juan C. Gallardo <jgamo at cantv.net> wrote:
> I don't know if the feature of autoplaying a dvd is not working for many
> of you, but for me is not, and I have been trying to do a lot to get it
> work.
> If I am not wrong Evan, you have to go to the menu and push Play DVD in
> order to watch your DVD.
> If that is not working check you command to play the dvd, check that you
> have the requiered programs (xine or mplayer), and try again.
>
> Juan
>

> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 20:48 -0500, Evan Burrows wrote:
> > I am slowly progressing on setting up my myth box and decided I wanted
> > to try playing a DVD today. Unfortunately I am not having much luck.
> > I followed Jarods guide (I am running FC2) and was wondering if you
> > guys have an idea of what i am doing wrong.
> >
> > I went into General Settings For DVD in Myth and set the location of
> > my DVD drive to /dev/cdrom and my CD drive to /dev/cdrom1.  This is
> > what it shows them to be in my device list. On DVD insertion is set to
> > "Play DVD".
> >
> > I ran
> > # ln -s /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd
> > and
> > $ rm ~/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop
> > per the guide but my DVD is starting
> >
> > When i put the dvd in it opens a /mnt/cdrom screen...
> >
> > Am i missing something?

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)