[mythtv-users] PVR-250 + pcHDTV, myth 0.16, initial setup problem bttv called with NTSC videomode

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Nov 1 13:57:45 UTC 2004

> Not at the same time as using the card for ATSC, no. The problem is that one
> addresses capture cards in Myth by their device node. The pcHDTV cards have
> two device nodes, /dev/video32 or /dev/dtv0 for HD, /dev/video0 for SD. You
> can define both in Myth, but then Myth thinks there are two different cards,
> and scheduling havoc ensues...
>
>> Maybe with the HD-3000...
>
> Shouldn't be much of any difference, the 3000 and the 2000 operate pretty much
> identically in this respect, so far as I know.

 	... they both basically use the BT8xx chip as a DMA and PCI-bus
arbitrator.  It makes a lot of sense since then it technically *can*
capture NTSC.

 	Maybe the killer vid card would be to add an Oren chip to a
PVR-150.  If the CX25840 chip could also get/put data from the HD Oren
decoder, it would be a combo SD/HD MPEG2 capture card.  Probably a bit
too spiffy to hope for.... :)

-Cory