[mythtv-users] Scrolling in MythMusic playlist selection screen

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Mon Nov 1 07:32:44 UTC 2004

With regard to Henk's post, changing to vesa makes no difference.  All the
tests I refer to in this post are done in vesa.  However, X does seem to be
the problem, as it hits 85-90% CPU time as soon as you start jumping around
the "add music to playlist" list with the number keys

> And you're absolutely sure the 15 second figure does not change at
> all when you chnage your list as shuffled option?

List as shuffled on: 22 seconds
List as shuffled off: 22 seconds.

This is after waiting for the "Please wait" to load the music database, and
with a song playing.  That "please wait" takes about 20 seconds on my 14,000
songs, as well.  Should it take so long?  Nothing seems to use the CPU,
tcpdump turns up no network traffic until the music starts playing.  I can
give you an strace log if you need.

> Is this 0.15, 0.16, CVS, etc?

0.16

> Is your HD light flashing? What does "free" say?

It's not really flashing at all.

free output:

Mem:        256744     251440       5304          0       7100      78704
-/+ buffers/cache:     165636      91108
Swap:       522104         16     522088

Craig