[mythtv-users] Listings after 9pm eventually go missing.

Richard Gibert lists at gibert.ca
Sun May 30 21:04:28 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 20:40 -0300, Kyle Kelly wrote:
> Heres a weird problem I'm having.
>
> I'm using cvs (upgraded and installed shortly after 0.15 release) and
> have a datadirect account setup and working.  The problem goes like
> this.  After setting up the datadirect datasource and doing the initial
> mythfilldatabase I have a complete 13 day listing which is perfect.
> Unfortunately for each following day that mythfilldatabase is run by
> mythbackend a good majority of the channels listings after 9pm are shown
> as Unknown in epg and NO DATA in mythweb.  This problem occurs occurs to
> each day of listings added after the initial mythfilldatabase.  Quite a
> bit of the shows I'm interested in are on at the 9-12pm timeslot and so
> obviously this is a quite annoying problem.
>
> The only solution I've been able to come up with is to run setup every
> few days and tell it to forget my datasource and redo that, then run
> mythfilldatabase again.
>
> Another solution would be preferable.  If anyone else is having this
> problem I'd like to know, and if you've come up with a solution that
> would be great.
>
> Thanks

I was just looking at this issue.

It seems that DataDirect is willing to serve up incomplete data to the
mythtv grabber.  This means that some days at the later end of the
schedule from the initial grab (when setting up myth) have a lot of NO
DATAs that will not be updated by mythfilldatabase until the day prior
to that day actually being recorded (when mythfilldatabase refreshes the
guide data one last time).

With the current mythtv cvs mythfilldatabase, "--dd-grab-all" will
re-grab all the guide data from DD.  It's commented out in the
mythfilldatabase source, so you'll have to uncomment it if you'd like to
use it.  I just ran --dd-grab-all on my system and a lot of the NO DATAs
have been filled in, so it's a good temporary solution (although I'm
sure DD would be happier if we didn't keep re-grabbing all the data).

Richard