Subject: Re: Subject: [mythtv-users] Multi-Select?

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Wed May 26 01:26:13 EDT 2004

> Message: 18
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 20:31:07 +0200
> From: Maarten <mythtv at ultratux.org>
> Subject: Re: Subject: [mythtv-users] Multi-Select?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On Tuesday 25 May 2004 18:45, Gregory J. McGee wrote:
>
> > THAT would be an awesome feature. Anyone with kids will agree.
>
> Well indeed I do not have kids but... don't you think this will only
> work for
> a couple of weeks ?  After that they will yell "We've seen this one
> daaaaddy.
> A new one, a new one !" I reckon.  So implementing a simple playlist
> is not
> enough; pretty soon you will hear demands like "random play" and / or
> more
> exotic functions.  And daddy will be tasked at least once a week to
> add newly
> recorded shows to existing playlists or making new ones.
> Albeit that still beats changing shows every 25 minutes, that's for
> sure...
>
> Maarten

You obviously DON'T have kids ;-)
Mine are grown, but I have 7 grandkids. Same difference.

They'll watch the same brain damaged junk every day until the tapes are
worn out.(Barney .... AAAAAAAAAAccccccccck.

Something that would random play thru a list of "shows", with random
episodes. Yeah. New recorded material would automatically get grafted
in.
I like it.

The earlier mentioned Tequila idea appeals as well. Perhaps a new myth
module, random drink selection running an automatic mini-bar...:-0