Subject: [mythtv-users] Switching to DataDirect

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Wed May 26 01:20:32 EDT 2004

> Message: 13
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:48:05 -0400
> From: James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Switching to DataDirect
> To: MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> I'm trying to convert to DataDirect for channel data. I'm following
> the
> howto in the docs from the CVS tarball. I'm getting this:
>
> mysql> create table channel_temp;
> ERROR 1113: A table must have at least 1 column
> mysql>
>
> As far as I can tell I'm running mysql 3:
> [root at mythtv /]# rpm -qa mysql
> mysql-3.23.58-1.9
>
> Anyone know what the problem is? Didn't see this in the archives.
>
> Thanks,
> James

I cheat and use "mysqlhotcopy mythconverg" which will by default create
a duplicate of mythconverg called mythconverg_copy in the /var/lib/mysql
dir.

This has worked for me every time, as opposed to the recommended
procedure in the FAQ, which never did work quite right for me. (probably
malpractice on my part)

Considering running a cron job and saving backups.