[mythtv-users] mythvideo, Q#3 (problem: lost cover images)

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Tue May 25 18:42:39 EDT 2004

Hi again,
Franco wrote:

> Last question (this one is not a curiosity but
> an issue I'd like to solve):
>
> I started to put my movies in order by using
> the Video Manager, associating each movie to
> its corresponding IMDB entry, and then editing
> it to adjust it to my taste. Very fine.
>
> Then I decided to arrange my movies using a better directory scheme.
> At this point, all the previous work was lost.
> The movies lost their association with cover images etc. etc.
>
> Does this mean that, once I have classified a movie,
> I can't move it to another directory for the rest of my life? :-)
yes you ca't move a movie without lost information because mythvideo
compare path and filename with what is in the database. then all movie
in database that don't have a equivalent movie (path & filename) will be
remove from database. after this mythvideo add all movie which are not
in the database.

> Also, why the "cover image" of the movies is displayed
> in the "Browse Videos" section, but it is NOT displayed
> in the "Video List" section?  (I just see the black rectangle
> with the write text: "No Cover Image Found" on it).
Don't know exactly why, i believe that someone say that browse video and
video list don't use the same path to store cover...
but you probaly could correct this with a little patch ;-)
as for me, i don't use "browse video" then i don't want to spend time
for this .

> Franco

regards,
xavier