[mythtv-users] Problems (KDE and ALSA) with Jarod's guide

Travis travs at wsor.net
Mon May 24 20:42:00 EDT 2004

I'll say that your option 3b is rough.  I "accidentally" upgraded to kde 3.2
on my previously working myth system and ended up just reinstalling fc1 (in
fairness my issue was a documented issue with kde 3.2 and getting sound from
my i8x0 chipset).  In retrospect, I wasted way too much time trying to
downgrade and get the dependencies back to normal.  Now when I do a fresh
install, I comment out all the the /etc/apt/sources except atrpms until
after I get myth installed and working.  Hope this helps.

-- Travis