[mythtv-users] No output on Watch TV function

Matthew Mead mkmead at hoodnet.net
Sun May 23 23:35:42 EDT 2004

I just had the problem you listed below.

My issue was that myth wasn't seeing the soundcard right..
I loaded ALSA drivers but the old drivers where there conflicting..

make sure your logs or your term screens don't show unable to find /dev/dsp
errors in them..

Thats my suggestion.

the tv listings issue is ongoing.. zap2it changed it so that xml page it
used to pull down doesn't work.. you need to modify your setup for
datadirect service.

Here is a good how to:

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DataDirectHowTo

as for problem 2 i haven't run into that one yet.. :)

Good luck.. if you get stuck on the datadirect thing.. I just recently
resloved it but my emails should be in the archive with what things I got
stuck on.