[mythtv-users] No output on Watch TV function

Alan Vosper arvsi at hotmail.com
Sun May 23 22:47:49 EDT 2004

Hi I'm somewhat new and trying to get this to work. I'm running RH9 with
Mythtv installed from RPM's.
I am able to watch tv with sound in xawtv, but when I run the watch TV
functionality within the MythTV frontend I get sound, but no picture. The
entire screen is blank and I have no way to get out of it, the only possible
way is to hard reboot the computer. The capture card I'm using has  a
Conextant BT878 chip in it.

I have 2 other problems that im not sure if are related at all, but I
thought I would list them just in case.
Problem 1 - The Myth database for tv listings never got filled. Seems to be
some problem with the Zap2it Server or something?

Problem 2 - When I try to play a cd in MythMusic I get static noise and the
cd is unable to play. I have not tried to play an mp3 file though.

Any help with any of these issues is much appreciated.
Thanks Alan