[mythtv-users] gentoo and mythdvd

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu May 20 05:35:13 EDT 2004

Op donderdag 20 mei 2004 01:17, schreef Stephen L. Ulmer:
> On 19 May 2004, hpoley at dds.nl said:
> > Op woensdag 19 mei 2004 17:13, schreef Stephen L. Ulmer:
> >> On 19 May 2004, jbaker at dryfish.org.uk verbalized:

> >> My problem with the solutions in this thread (including my lack of
> >> one) is that they all assume that I actually *want* to link against
> >> libXinerama.  If I don't, where do I turn the knob?
> >
> > Uhm, disable the use of xinerama, so remove the xinerama useflag?
> > You probably need to do that in /etc/make.conf
> >
> > Or do:
> > # USE="-xinerama" emerge mythdvd
> >
> > To temporarily disable it for whatever reason (do you use Xinerama?)
> >
> > 	Henk Poley <><
>
> Not to be impolite, but I know how to use emerge -- read the entire
> thread (you might be confusing me with the OP).
>
> My problem is that I don't use (or USE) Xinerama, but some part of the
> MythTV core builds against it anyway. It's also possible that
> something that MythTV links against is incorrectly lnking itself
> against Xinerama.  No amount of using emerge correctly helps if the
> ebuild or the software is broken.

Hmm, okay, didn't mean it that way.

I use Gentoo myself, don't use xinerama either, didn't have any problems with
emerging MythDVD AFAIK. So I just suggested some of the obvious things. I've
seen others defining use-flags by accident (or by wrong advice) too.

	Henk Poley <><

btw, just for reference, "OP" is "Original Poster" (out of Acronym Finder) ?