[mythtv-users] DVB and DVD-backup

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed May 12 09:55:33 EDT 2004

I use avidemux.
It's a gui based solution but it's great.

Load the .nuv (say 3Gb)
scan for audio
index it (5 mins)
use the a/b markers to set cuts (only use keyframes)
trim front/back/ads
save -> as DVD PS (5 mins)
call the result video.vob

The video has been chopped but not altered - works a treat

It's now ready for dvdauthor

Here I use qdvdauthor - excellent GUI

I'm writing a guide to making episodic DVDs at the minute.

The main issue I have is trimming down files by just ~10% with minimal
quality loss.

David