[mythtv-users] DVB and DVD-backup

Daniel g danzvash at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 08:54:34 EDT 2004

I have seen it discussed here that MPEG2->MPEG2
re-coding (for commercials-cleaning) is basically
complete and working (in CVS I presume).

Using myth0.14 with DVB-t (nova-t) I obviously end up
with large MPEG2-coded .nuv files.

Question:
Is there any existing capability or technique (either
within Myth code or external) that allows one to
export the MPEG2 data from the .nuv files *without
transcoding* in such a way as to allow relatively
quick VideoDVD authoring?
This would seem to be the obvious, portable choice for
DVB users.

nuvexport can create DVD-compliant files but only
through transcoding, which is very slow and lossy.