[mythtv-users] Problem with database, cannot witch live tv

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Sun May 9 08:38:25 EDT 2004

Simon Jones S.G.Jones-at-bigfoot.com |Lists| wrote:
> mysql> select channum,sourceid,callsign,name,xmltvid from channel;

The interesting part is really the freqid setting, which you *didn't*
include in your select. This is what tells Mythtv what channel /
frequency to tune into.

select channum,sourceid,callsign,name,xmltvid from channelselect
channum,sourceid,callsign,name,xmltvid from channel
myth at peter:~> mysql -e 'select channum,sourceid,callsign,name,freqid
from channel limit 5' mythconverg
+---------+----------+----------+-----------+--------+
| channum | sourceid | callsign | name      | freqid |
+---------+----------+----------+-----------+--------+
| 1       |        1 | DR1      | DR 1      | E10    |
| 2       |        1 | DR2      | DR 2      | E9     |
| 3       |        1 | TV2      | TV 2      | E11    |
| 4       |        1 | Zulu     | TV 2 Zulu | 66     |
| 5       |        1 | TV Dk    | TvDanmark | E5     |
+---------+----------+----------+-----------+--------+
myth at peter:~/work/myth/mythtv> grep '"E10"' libs/libmythtv/frequencies.c
     { "E10",     210250 },      \

Correlate that with my cable lineup for Copenhagen at:
http://tdckabeltv.dk/print_kanal_guide.php?KN=61

And you'll see that this correlates perfectly with the frequency listed
for the channel "DR 1".

So:
* First find the frequency for the channel you want. You'll need your
own cable company to provide this.
* Look in frequencies.c for a perfect match to the channel's frequency,
and note what that frequency is "called".
* Enter the frequency name into the freqid column in channels for that
particular channel's row.

Then you're rocking!

Peter

--