[mythtv-users] Problem with database, cannot witch live tv

Simon Jones S.G.Jones at bigfoot.com
Sun May 9 08:13:33 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have the following setup: Asrock K7S41, AMD Barton 2200+, PVR350 with
PAL (Belgium), running release 0.14 on FC1 following Jarod's
excellentHOWTO.

When I try to watch live TV I get a badly tuned in channel and the
mythbackend reports:

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Tuner 0 )
in setup is wrong

Then when I try and change channel I get:

2004-05-09 13:27:46 CheckChannel failed. Please verify channel "E2" in
the "setup" Channel Editor.

And the same thing repeated for lots of channels (including ones I
haven't set up), and then the following error messages:

Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.

When I look at the setup channel editor, everything looks ok. If I look
at the mythconverg database I get:

mysql> select channum,sourceid,callsign,name,xmltvid from channel;
+---------+----------+----------+----------+--------------------+
| channum | sourceid | callsign | name     | xmltvid            |
+---------+----------+----------+----------+--------------------+
| 1       |        1 | TF1      | TF1      | C1.telepoche.com   |
| 2       |        1 | RTBF2    | RTBF 2   | C104.telepoche.com |
| 3       |        1 | F2       | France 2 | C2.telepoche.com   |
| 4       |        1 | MTV      | MTV      | C31.telepoche.com  |
| 5       |        1 | RTBF     | RTBF     | C35.telepoche.com  |
| 6       |        1 | RAI1     | Rai 1    | C42.telepoche.com  |
| 7       |        1 | RAI2     | Rai 2    | C43.telepoche.com  |
| 8       |        1 | ZDF      | ZDF      | C44.telepoche.com  |
| 9       |        1 | TVE      | TVE I    | C45.telepoche.com  |
| 10      |        1 | Arte     | Arte     | C5.telepoche.com   |
| 11      |        1 | RTL      | RTL TVI  | C54.telepoche.com  |
| 12      |        1 | ARD      | ARD      | C83.telepoche.com  |
| 13      |        1 | TMC      | TMC      | C9.telepoche.com   |
| 15      |        1 | VRT1     | VRT 1    | C93.telepoche.com  |
14 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I am using the tuner input, and I have run mythfilldatabase --manual
--preset with a list of local frequency channels to hand.

On one occasion I did manage to get access to 3 channels, but with the
same error messages as above.

I have tried both tv-grab_nl and tv_grab_fr with same results.
I have also tried emptying out the database and starting from scratch.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Simon