Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] tv_grab_dvb

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Thu May 6 19:22:20 EDT 2004

Rob Willett wrote:
> Quoting Steve Davies <steve at one47.co.uk>:
>>Markus Beerhues wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>is there anybody who tried out this (in Germany)?
>>>
>>>It's online since 20.04.2004!
>>>
>>>tv_grab_dvb - dump dvb epg info in xmltv
>>>
>>>Links:
>>>http://www.darkskiez.co.uk/dvbepg.html
>>>http://www.darkskiez.co.uk/tv_grab_dvb.tgz
>>>

>>:) :) :)
>>
>>8 day EPG was enabled on the Crystal palace UK transmitter today, and this
>>program reads the data fine. You will get no data if tuned to Mux-A, which
>>notably contains Channel "five".
>>
>>If nobody with more time does not beat me to it, I hope to update
>>mythfilldatabase etc to support this tool, and the DVB code to cycle
>>frequencies when idle. OTOH I have no spare time in the immediate future :(
>>

> Steve,
>
> Go for it! I've been working on a program to help distribute XMLTV files around
> so that we can off-load the work from the RT site and speed everybody else up. I
> suppose it's Napster for the EPG world <grin>. We're still at the alpha stage,
> we have code that we're setting up to test but hopefully (!) sometime in the
> near future we can get this out ot the world. I'm not sure if your work would
> supercede it, probably not as the Freeview EPG would only do Freeview stations.
>
> As a matter of interest how do I get the EPG up on my system?
>
> Rob.

It turns out that this EPG data is still pretty skimpy. I have added to the
current tool, and will contribute the new code in case it helps, but I don't
think the data is available in full yet.

To get EPG:
1) Buy a digibox that supports EPG
2) Press the guide button

:)

Steve

Steve Davies                   steve at one47.co.uk

PGP Fingerprints:
DH/DSS : 5D85 8164 91D7 E9CC 4F80  842B AB86 93D9 8938 7612
RSA    :      4E2E E60F 3D76 9E7E  70F9 901B 70FA 56C8
RSA4096: 02BE 5C0E EFA2 E1E4 EA89  C9CC 1E4F F654 3BC7 B65E