[mythtv-users] Backend crashes when frontend exits

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Thu May 6 15:05:46 EDT 2004

I am experiencing a problem with the backend when the frontend exits.

In my attempt to get the auto-shutdown/wakeup to work, I realized that I
have to exit the frontend for the backend to go into idle mode. So, for
that reason, I have configured irxevent to send Alt-Escape to the
CurrentWindow (as that is the exit combination). However, when I exit
the frontend (most noticeable while watching something), the backend
crashes. There is nothing useful in the log that will lead me to any
clue.

I have searched the archive for anything resembling this but the only
thing that I found is in a post titled '[mythtv-users] ac-tex
damaged/concealing errors/Warning MVs ???'. In that post the OP mentions
some errors that I saw in the log as the last log entries before a
crash:

[mpeg2video @ 0x86b3238]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x86b3238]ac-tex damaged at 15 19
[mpeg2video @ 0x86b3238]concealing errors

but that problem seems to be with poor signal and I don't think it has
anything to do with my problem.

Has anyone else seen this, as well? I was hoping that sending Alt-Escape
would cause a clean exit and the backend will think that everything is
kosher...

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net