[mythtv-users] My mythmusic metadata is whacked

Jon Hoyt samika at myrealbox.com
Thu May 6 12:25:41 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am having a problem with Mythmusic.  I am using release 0.14 on an
xbox.  I have the backend and database on there, too (I don't use the
TV part).  My music files are located on another machine and are
mounted via NFS.
I had been happily using it for months until one day I added some
tracks to my music directory.  When I tried to update my music
database,
everything locked up.  I tried restarting Myth several times, but every
time I tried to update the database, it would lock up and the console
would tell
me:

metadata.o: Your database is out of whack. This is not good.

After several tries, it no longer even lets me into mythmusic at all.
As soon as I select 'Music' the frontend locks up.  I tried changing
the music directory in setup to an empty directory and  rescanning my
database.  It worked fine.  When I switched it back, the problem
occurred again.  Every other part of Myth still works fine.

I assume my database is corrupted somehow, but I'm mySQL ignorant so I
have no idea how to fix it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon