[mythtv-users] Nebula DigiTV advice

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Thu May 6 08:19:53 EDT 2004

Different experience altogether for me.  Nebula card works fine, picture is
great, but still some linux driver problems (video occasionally goes into a
bursty mode watching live TV where it plays quickly for 1/2 sec then pauses
for 1/2 sec). Also driver does not change channels very quickly.

Using their built in software (which I think is excellent) under Windows the
quality is superb and changing channels is quite quick; so this is
definately a Linux software problem.

There is no support for this Remote Control - I too asked Nebula many times
without response - but I bought a serial receiver for £10 and stil use the
remote supplied by Nebula so no big deal really.

Main problems are really around the BTTV driver which had a few bugs I had
to fix before I could get the thing to work at all.  I was using driver
0.9.12 with Kernel 2.4.23.

Paul