[mythtv-users] Nebula DigiTV advice

Rob Willett rob.mythtv at robertwillett.com
Thu May 6 04:15:55 EDT 2004

Ben,

I have the Nebula card. It does work under 2.6 but I went back to 2.4.24 as
there were too many other things that weren't working. Such as the C compiler
<grin>. The RC doesn't work for me. I contacted Nebula about this a few weeks
ago, I eventually got an e-mail back saying they've passed this onto somebody
else in Nebula. Since then zilch. I have no faith at all they will come back to
me. Their so-called Linux support seems poor, I'm not the first person to
comment on this. The picture quality is OK but not fabulous, though that could
be the card, I suspect not since DVD playback is fine. Oh and take the DigiTV
software and burn it. It's definitely a waste of space and time.

AFAIK LIRC doesn't have any support or patches for the Nebula card. I looked
around a lot but couldn't find anything. Without input from Nebula it'll be
difficult to make it work.

In hindsight I would probably go for one of the Avermedia cards from
www.autdirect.co.uk. They seem cheap and other people have made them work.

Rob.