[mythtv-users] disk partions per Jarod's instructions

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue May 4 20:29:32 EDT 2004

> So I decided to install mythtv ivtv. I have a 120G HD with
> FC1. I chose
> auto partioning when I did the install last year. Jarod reccommends a
> different partioning scheme. Do I need this to make mythtv
> work or can I
> use the standard FC1 scheme.

I agree with the other posters but wanted to add that with the default
scheme you may run into problems if you put the video files in the same
partition as your log files. You may find your computer will not boot if you
run out of room.

I also found that using the XFS file system as suggested makes a nice
performance improvement.