[mythtv-users] prebuilt pvrs for developers benefit?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue May 4 14:22:36 EDT 2004

> What is interesting is the concept of the shows being recorded at the cable
> company itself and then you watching them on your schedule.  So you have
> your own version of the interface and you think you're tagging shows, but
> perhaps all channels, 24/7 for 30 days are being kept, and you just access
> content you are already paying for, just at a shifted time.  You think it is
> recorded just for you.

That's just on-demand TV - Comcast has been heavily advertising this
recently in my area.  Although time will tell if the cable companies
have the bandwidth to keep up with EVERYONE getting custom streams - the
cable system relies heavily on its multicast-like nature to avoid
overdrawing their bandwidth.

-Chris