[mythtv-users] How do you send TV-Out audio to the sound card?

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Sat May 1 23:19:40 EDT 2004

I also have a PVR-350 and my understanding of the situation is that you
can't do it easily.  I would also like to be able to put the sound out
the sound card, but since the 350 is an MPG decoder, the player just
sends it the whole stream, audio and video.  Splitting them up would
take a bunch of preprocessing.

There might be a way that involves using the 350 as an X screen, but I
was unable to get a frame rate that was watchable.  It takes a fair
amount of rejigging your system.  You have to set up an X screen on the
350, and then get MythTV running on that screen.  Oddly, you uncheck the
"Use PVR350 output" option in this setup.  A new framebuffer driver is
out there that might improve the performance for X on the 350 but I
haven't tried it.