[mythtv-users] need help with mysql database after crash and loss of 'recordedmarkup' table

anders smith anders at smiths.dk
Sat May 1 16:00:35 EDT 2004

I seem to have busted a table (recordedmarkup) in my mythconverg
database and the result has been that all my recorded programs have
"dissaperared" or at least have become unplayable from the mythtv
interface....

I've therefore been poking around and have found all the original
content to be there in /var/lib/mythtv, but eventhough all the metadata
was still present in the database I couldn't play the files.

In an attempt to fix it I have tried the ' mythrebuilddatabase.pl '
script and now have a whole bunch of Unknown programs in the
database...one for each of my original files! It turns out  the only
difference is that they have their recording time shifted by 9 hours.

I then had a look at the mythconverg database content and it seems that
the original recording times in the database where different from the
file names... and my guess is that the 'recordedmarkup' table somehow
modified this stored time to fit the file names of the actual files....
and when it got trasshed during a recent crash it simply couldn't find
the files anymore...

Is there  a way for me to regain the original associations as it sounds
like quite a task to transfer all the original metadata to the new db
entries... Could I delete the 'recordedmarkup' table and reinstall it,
or is there a way where I can get all the recording times to link up
again short of manually editing every entry in the dataabase or the
name of every file in /var/lib/mythtv?

Sorry for being so long winded, but I've really been trying to find a
solution and I can at least play the content again (with some basic
arithmetic to find the right file), but since it's my daughters
cartoons it would be great to again use the previews so she can do it
her self, especially early sunday morning... ;-)

rgds
anders