[mythtv-users] Minimizing bandwidth with MPEG-4

Andy Kuan andy at kuan.net
Wed Mar 31 12:38:36 EST 2004

I've tried the DSMyth filter, but it doesn't seem to buffer the video
stream so the results are identical to using mythfrontend: frequent
audio stuttering and video pauses.

The other thing that's a bit of a pain was getting this configured in
the first place. I have to manually go into mysql and change the IP
address of the BackendServerIP and the MasterServerIP to my NAT Router's
external IP address. Since I don't want to leave it that way when
viewing stuff at home, I have to change it back when I return from work.
You'd think there'd be a way for that information to be set on a
per-frontend basis.

-Andy