[mythtv-users] KDE startup freeze with nvidia-graphics4363

john lawler maillist at tgice.com
Tue Mar 30 11:27:56 EST 2004

This happened to me when I was trying to use KDE (now I'm using
Fluxbox--it's much better for my purposes).  The way I solved it (using
4363) was to remove one of these two options from XF86Config (I don't
recall which--but it was only one of them, not both):

	Option	"RenderAccel" "1"
	Option	"NvAGP" "1"

(I *think* it was RenderAccel, but like I said, I'm not positive, try
that first).  I just commented out the offending option and then KDE
would start fine.  Interestingly enough, the other (lighter, generally)
windowmanagers don't seem to have this problem.

Good luck.

jl