[mythtv-users] Re: KDE startup freeze with nvidia-graphics4363

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 26 03:59:03 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 05:54:27PM -0800, Andrea Palisca wrote:
> I'm running KDE 3.2 and Redhat 9 Fedora Core. When I updated from the
> default (installed by redhat) video drivers to nvidia-graphics4363, KDE
> stopped working: it freezes after login during the "Restoring Session"
> phase. The KDE splash-screen never goes away and the system becomes
> non-responsive (mouse works but everything else is dead).
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have multiple nvidia graphics drivers installed? Try using
nvidia-graphics-switch to force using 4363 and not another one. Make
sure you are in run level 3 (or that you have a power cycle
afterwards).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net