[mythtv-users] Problems searching with mythweb

Steven Sartorius ssartor at bellatlantic.net
Sun Mar 28 17:47:51 EST 2004

For the past 2 weeks or so (including a cvs update today) I've been
having problems using mythweb's search function.  Searching breaks for
me if I do the following:

1.	Using the search box in the upper right corner of the listing page I
search for some text.  I may (or may not) get a couple of hits but the
text I'm searching for remains in the box.
2.	If I search for something new no hits are returned (even if there
should be some -- 'basketball' for example!) and the text I'm searching
for is replaced with a single apostrophe character (') .
3.	Any new searches now fail -- no hits are returned for anything!

Also, if I try to do an "Advanced search" I get the following:

Fatal Error at /var/www/mythweb/includes/programs.php, line 171:
SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near '''') GROUP BY program.chanid, program.starttime ORDER BY progra

A 'mysql --version' gives me: mysql  Ver 12.18 Distrib 4.0.12, for
pc-linux-gnu (i686)

I follow the mailing list reasonably closely but I haven't seen this
problem discussed anywhere...

thanks for any help,

Steve