[mythtv-users] Almost there! TV-out question (Nvidia MX-440)

Steve Dorsey steve at dorseygraphics.com
Sun Mar 28 17:17:57 EST 2004

Well,

   I'm almost all the way there. My Myth box does almost everything with
the exception of playing MP3s. Strange one indeed.

Like my custom case?

http://www.dorseygraphics.com/mythbox.jpg

   I now am ready to try to patch this thing through to my TV using th
S-Video port on my GeForce 4 MX 440. I tried opening XF86config and
using a set of frequencies which were suggested to me in a forum
posting on another website, but that made Xwindows unbootable.

QUESTIONS:

   Is there a specific set of frequencies/resolutions which will work on
any TV?

   Also, do I want to set my resolution to 720x480? (That does not seem
to be necessary, or even possible, but I just thought I'd ask).

Thanks for all the help folks!