[mythtv-users] mythtranscode generates unplayable files?

Bob Schumaker cobblers at pobox.com
Sun Mar 28 16:20:55 EST 2004

Obviously I've messed up a setting somewhere -- but I marked all of
my cut points and hit 'X' to transcode the files. Everything appeared
to work, but now mythfrontend errors out with "can't find codec"
whenever I attempt to look at that recording (with the preview in the
'watch recordings' pane).

Looking at the .nuv files themselves, they have 'RJPGLAME' in the
header -- and the only place I can find that is in
NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp. There doesn't appear to be a playback
codec...

The data appears to be okay, as far as I can tell, since nuvexport
(which I should've used in the first place :-) can see the first 55s
of video -- is there any way to get the .nuv files back into
something that MythTV can display?

Thanks!

-bs

                             Think Different.
Bob Schumaker                   This life is a test, it is only a test. If
cobblers@[io,pobox].com         this had been a real life, you would have
http://www.io.com/~cobblers/    been told where to go and what to do.

PGP Fingerprint:       A722 69D6 3C6A 6A1D 6715  99D6 599C 1904 73D1 DBC8