[mythtv-users] PVR250MCE revision 2 card problems

Dave and Lisa Hofstra lisadaveh at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 15:50:57 EST 2004

     I have found out that the PVR250 MCE I bought uses the Conexant
23416 Chipset (no heatsink).  This card is a revision 2 card.  The
current ivtv stable0.1.9 is not able to identify the card correctly, and
has no options for manually identifying it as a revision 2.
     People say that the cvs ivtv driver will work, and although I am
able to get the card up and running without hard crashing my system by
passing the modprobe ivtv cardtype=2 in the modules.conf before the ivtv
driver loads, my picture is choppy.
     I think the picture is choppy because somehow my msp3400.o file is
also not correct or something.  I cannot try anymore (I must have made
the thing 50 times or so and I think I am starting to crap out my system.)
     Or the picture is choppy because the author of the cvs version
states the cvs version is extremely unstable.

Anyway, the place that sold the card sent me an interesting email that
describes a simple addition of the following to stable 0.19

 >Edit ivtv-driver.c with your favorite editor and make the following
change:

 >   On line 1959 change:
 >
 >   itv->card_type = ivtv_card_params[i].card_type;
 >
 >    to:
 >
 >    itv->card_type = IVTV_250_V2;

     This line doesnt exist in any of the ivtv drivers I have found, so
per his instructions, I loaded up Knoppmyth, and lo and behold, the
ivtv-driver.c has this line in it and can be changed.

     I changed the line then make and make install , and rebooted the
system with the card put in, and viola, this revision2 PVR250 worked
flawlessly.

     I will look at the Knoppmyth distro in the coming weeks to see if I
can somehow make it work for me, but I would much rather use my Mandrake
9.2 setup as I like mozilla and kde, and have correctly set up homebrew
lirc reciever and transmitter (after about 2 weeks of fiddling with it)
and I dont want to lose that stuff.

    Anybody know if there is a comparable line I could change in the
current ivtv 0.1.9 ivtv-driver.c.  I would be really interested in
tyring it out on the regular (not Knoppmyth) version of ivtv driver.