[mythtv-users] HDTV with Comcast

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Mar 27 00:46:05 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 20:56, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > I have firewire on my frontend, but I haven't picked up a DCT-6xxx box
> > yet.  (Only DCT-5100 boxes available from the local Comcast office for
> > now...)
>
> ...I don't think my DCT-5100 actually has a functional FireWire port...
>
> (Jarod steps away to physically inspect his DCT-5100)
>
> ...there's a cutout, sans-header, labeled IEEE 1394, but no actual
> viable FireWire port (the headers are probably there on the board, and
> I think I've got some spare parts from an old B&W G3...). So no dice at
> the moment. :-(

Rats!  So close... I won't pick up a DCT-6xxx box until I'm ready to
feed it into myth.  My HDTV already has both component inputs filled
(Myth and PS/2), and I have less than zero interest in getting a
switchbox. ;)  And the cable office down the street didn't have the
newer boxes last time I checked...

Does anyone out there have a DCT-6xxx cable box that they can try the
experiment with?

Also - Jarod - if you're looking for another experiment... someone
mentioned their cable box taking channel changes with a USB keyboard.
Think it's worth a shot with the DCT-5100? ;)

	-Ian (Playing Hobbes to Jarod's Calvin, daring him to take chances with
Comcast equipment!)