[mythtv-users] What is a good CHEAP dvd recorder?

Adrian Townsend arbiterxero at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 17:11:22 EST 2004

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! no!

go sit in the corner and think about what you said.

but seriously as much as saving these things sounds
useful and like a good idea, a DVD burner is NOT.

There are at LEAST 5 standards that I know of, 2
popular ones (plus and minus) and they're just comming
out with dual-layer DVD's and the dual-layer DVD's and
burners aren't (VERY LIMITED) compatible with the
current single-layer disks.

Wait it out a bit it'll save you alot of money and
hassle. Besides, most of the won't play in anything
but a computer anyways, none of your DVD players will
play them. Though ONe standard works in regular DVD
players but I can't remember which one, I gave up
after learning about the different standards that
nobody can make a decision on.

NOT WORTH IT.

at least wait for the dual-layer burners if not a
global standard.