[mythtv-users] weighing the differences - PVR350/250

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Thu Mar 25 15:23:43 EST 2004

Other than the obvious "because it's got an MPEG-2 decoder", what's the
benefit of having a PVR350 over a PVR250?  I know that it's got on-board
s-video output and saves cpu cycles when watching MPEG-2 video.  I know
it has an FM tuner that MythTV can't take advantage of yet.  I've heard
some stability concerns that are addressed with the correct drivers, but
other than that, what's so great?  Is it just transparency?  Is PIP
better on a PVR350 over a PVR250?  Is watching a DVD easier on the box
over just using the CPU?

-Khanh