[mythtv-users] frontend - backend - mysql => terminal

Michael Messner michael.messner_edv at inode.at
Mon Mar 22 15:40:38 EST 2004

Hello myth-Users,

 I'm working on a little project. It should be a myth-Terminal using the
ltsp - system.

Before I really like to start I hope you can answer me some questions.

.) Is ist possible  to run the backend (and the mysql database) and the
frontend on different machines?

.) if this is possible, on which machine do I use the other programs like
the emulators and xine?

.) has anybody tried such a terminal with myth?

.) which one uses the CPU-Power, the backend or the frontend?

.) can I connnect from more frontends to one backend and database?

.) If I run the backend and the frontend on different machines how it
works with the hardware recources? =>example: uses the backend the
soundcard or the frontend

.) is it possible to get more output from myth to a terminal (we need
output like in which menu I am to display it on a LCD)

.) is it possible to make a autologin in gdm, but the login should just
happen if the user try to loginrequest comes from one IP or MAC

thanks for your information
cu mIke

--
Software für Linux: