[mythtv-users] Wrong duration during playback

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Mon Mar 22 18:11:06 EST 2004

    Geoffrey> The whole setup works most of the time (there are some
    Geoffrey> issues that I'm dealing with like the backend seeming to
    Geoffrey> shut down after awhile, but that's for another post) but
    Geoffrey> during playback of recordings in the Watch a Recording
    Geoffrey> screen, the total time displayed for a recording is
    Geoffrey> always way off.  For example, a 30 minute show will show
    Geoffrey> up as having a duration of 45 minutes.  This is not only
    Geoffrey> annoying, but when I fast-forward or rewind, the
    Geoffrey> recording jumps to a time it either thinks it's at or
    Geoffrey> that the recording is really at.

I haven't seen this problem, but I have seen some weird counter
behaviour:

* PVR350 input: a 45 minute recording will show as 30 minutes. This
  only occurs when watching a movie when it is recorded, after a
  certain amount of pausing and fast-forwarding. Last time it happened
  when it stopped recording (but I was still watching it). It means
  the counter will always display 30 minutes for anything that exceeds
  the 30 minute total it has calculated. This normally comes good if I
  leave the movie and re-enter it.

* PVR350 output: Occasionally, trying to fast forward results in the
  counter being incremented, but the video restarts at the
  beginning. So I keep pushing the fast forward button, and the
  counter is constantly incremented, while the movie keeps going back
  to the very start. This is very confusing. If I keep this up though,
  I am likely to get a complete failure of TV-out and have to reboot
  to fix the problem.

* Nova-T DVB: when recording and watching the recording, I noticed
  something weird: The display gradually falls in front of the
  recording. eg, from pushing i:

  position  total time
  --------------------
  00:24     00:27
  05:00     05:07
  12:00     12:15
  22:00     22:25
  30:00     30:35
  33:00     33:38

  I pushed fast-forward here, I think it went back words (hard to be
  sure, the TV program I was watching does tend to be repetitive). The
  position was updated.

  The times on the left correspond with "real-time", the times on the
  right are faster then real time.

  It would appear that everything is working correctly, but the total
  time calculation is gradually becoming more and more incorrect.

--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>