[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV Out Instability

Travis Kelley rhatguy at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 16:43:12 EST 2004

I used to have a lot of problem like what you were mentioning with
recordings having slight pauses in them and eventually hard locks if I
left the system running for a couple days.  I finally got motivated
after one such lock and wrote a script that check to see if anything is
using the pvr and if not it shuts down the backend, unloads ALL the
modules, reloads them, and restarts the backend.  Since it checks to see
if the pvr is in use before this it doesn't interrupt if a recording is
in progress or if I'm watching tv.  I then just put the script in cron
to run every 30 minutes I think it is or maybe every hour.  Anyway after
this I havn't had basically any problems at all because each time I sit
down to use it I'm usually running on a fresh load of the modules and
mythbackend.  I you want the script hit me off the list and I'll attach
it...although its a little customized for my setup you'll get the idea
real quick.